Wednesday, August 30, 2006

barrow in furness

After a long flight, am still having the jetlag and having only a day to move in a whole living room-ful of stuff into a 1st floor flat, I've started my 4th year in this wonderful place, this idyllic retreat, this bucolic residence, a veritable heaven-on-earth called Barrow In Furness. If anyone is in the mood or has too much free time on their hands, please do the good deed and send a mail to

CAR2A Carley House
Abbey Way
Barrow In Furness
Cumbria
LA14 1BP
UK

And you'll make a certain medical student's life that much better. Am going in with a bang straight into paediatrics. SHOWED my ignorance earlier this morning already when asked to define urinary tract infection. My holiday-rusted mind struggled to come up with a definition suitable to the occasion (it was handing-over session with a consultant hearing patient reports from the doctors on the previous shift) and he caught me out, polite laughter sounding as he did so. Lots of other stuff to read up on...which makes this short break at the library pretty guiltifying.

Good news is, edward's applying for broadband and should get it fairly soon. we're getting to know the other people on rotation, all of whom seem a nice friendly bunch, if a little prone to over-imbibement. haha! Btw the next big attraction is a beer festival in nearby ulverston this weekend which is receiving no end of attention here.

Else, all still normal and in my email list today heard good and bad news from people back home. Keep me in prayer as I keep you guys too. Wil be heading out looking for a church this weekend and hope to see a bit more of barrow than i have at present. Hopefully my next post will be from a nice fast wifi connection.

No comments: