Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Looking around my room

There's a lot of stuff to clean up. My cupboard is full of IMU notes, which surprise, surprise, I did end up needing at different times throughout the year. Books take up most of the remaining cupboard space, of these, the most dusty are the anatomy and pathology books, both rejected in lieu of oxford clinical handbook and a bit of paediatrics and obsgyn here and there.

Vikram Chandra's Sacred Games has taken the main book spot on my desk, previously filled by Pretty Girl in Crimson Rose(8) , Jesus MD, Ian Rankin's A Good Hanging, Coughlin's No More Christian Nice Guy and Strobel's The Case for a Creator. Yes, I like reading. The latest Harry Potter installment will be next on the list, can't wait till Saturday.

Then there's my laptop, behind which is squidged all the other paraphernalia necessary to ensure my multimedia needs are satisfied. Speaking of which, my laptop is close to 3 years old and still running sound as a bell! HP Compaq isn't too bad a company to trust.

Clothes have never been a big part of me, though I admit to feeling a warm glow inside whenever someone says 'You don't look too bad yourself.' And I realised; I DO have a comb. Found it the other day wrapped up in a plastic bag along with other stuff that I didn't unpack for the year. So there, Jack. Now I just need to learn how to use it.

This blog is becoming more inward looking by the day.

2 comments:

Grace said...

there's a book about cryptic crosswords? how cool is that! is it a good read?

Jonathan said...

well its all a bit too brainy for me. Some of the associations they come up are crazy good. Take the title. Another word for crimson? RED.
RE_ _ _ _ _ D. Another word for pretty girl? BELLE. Put pretty girl IN crimson rose? REBELLED. Which also means rose.

Book is worth a read, if only cos its so different.