Wednesday, August 28, 2013

But the end of all things is at hand

Reading: 1 Peter 4

Setting: The beginning of a relationship, one that I have been almost too scared to admit may never have happened.

Verses that stood out (probably through my biased setting):

"But the end of all things is at hand; therefore be serious and watchful in your prayers.
And above all things have fervent love for one another, for 'love will cover a multitude of sins'.
Be hospitable to one another without grumbling.
As each one has received a gift, minister it to one another, as good stewards of the manifold grace of God." v7-10

I guess in the big picture this WAS written to the church and not intended to be applied in a relationship setting, but I'm thinking - there could be worse things a relationship could be modeled on, and I'm all for more advice:-)

Prayer for each other has and will be on my list of priorities as a couple wanting to stay in tune with God while growing close to one another.
Fervent love - that stays after the initial starburst of the 'honeymoon period' has died down is both something I'm praying for and something I'm sure will be present.
Accomodating and making each other feel welcome, both physically and into each other's lives may not be the easiest of processes - especially how both of us (or myself particularly) have becomed accustomed to living as an individual and how my life is structured in a not particularly sharing kind of way (not just with food!) but also to NOT GRUMBLE about it? Going to have to remember that one in the days ahead:-)
And this area, which is a new concept to me - using our gifts to edify each other within the relationship setting - going to have to bring this one up with Penny - this could be exciting!

No comments: