Friday, April 21, 2006

Scotland

Salem advert

I think Scottish people are nice, on the whole. Though they must have wondered a bit whe 6 chinesy-looking dudes watlzed into their territory and started taking pictures of everything, doing weird stuff all the while.

I think Scottish scenery is nice too. I must have taken more photos here than anywhere else, and I wish I had a Canon with a faster shutter speed and night vision with me(yes Alex, its the camera's problem). There were just so many wow moments especially during the earlier part of the trip before we became immune to them. Talk about an intelligent and purposeful Creator!

Scottish food, aside from the the fried Mars bars, we tried haggis as well. Jack had his salmon whiile the rest ate beef and venison. Other than that, it was sandwiches all the way; we were on a road trip, after all.

Things I enjoyed particularly: meeting up with the Dundonians, the Edinburghers, and the Glaswegians, playing Dota with Alex, Bobby, Jack and Ed, tasting wines made from local herbs and fruits, a summer snowball fight on the slopes of the Nevis Range, Dunwegan Castle, Easter Service in DCCF(Aiky's church in dundee), rolling down Arthur's Seat, Agne's tiramisu in Glasgow, seeing the Glenfinnan Viaduct featured in the Harry Potter movies(where the train goes to Hogwarts), getting firsthand info on how to use a Highland dirk, pistol and blunderbuss and laughing at each other in the car all the way aroudn Scotland.

Thank God we got back safely. Most of the photos are gonna be on my Multiply site. Will only limit myself to a few here.

In 9 Castle with friends

The winner of the British Open Golf tournament stands on this bridge with his trophy

A loch and a castle

All ready to go


No comments: