Thursday, September 21, 2006

embarassing

another sign of age. was at the hospital shop to get an envelope and stamps and on paying the GBP 2 bill, found the only note in my wallet was a GBP 50. Looked up at cashier, shaking her head. First thing I heard was a loud sound of compressed laughter from someone behind me. Looking back, could see a long line(mostly women) laughing at me.

Ok, embarassing...move on. Right.

So today I took a history from a couple who came in worried because their 16 month old baby had a breath holding attack. They were pretty worried, understandably but the child seemed fine. Did the full history and wrapped it up quickly as they were about to leave. As I walked out with them, the lady asked me "Weren't you the lad with the 50 pound note at the shop yesterday?"

"Oh (rats)..haha. Yes that was me." (should have stopped here but...) "Yup wasn't that funny? Did you know there was someone just behind me who went 'pfffft!' and started laughing?

Mum looks at me.

"That would've been me"

No comments: