Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Moving on

This is the most anatomy I've done in a while...looking at all the different structures in the head and neck: reminds me of how much I've forgotten since IMU. Piriform fossa? The only thing I recalled about that is its where fish bones can get stuck sometimes. All the different neck tumours needs a bit more reading up before bedtime tonight as well.

Currently am reading Labyrinth by Kate Mosse which I'm devouring bit by bit in my free time. Note to self: Next Christmas sale must look out for a cheap bedside lamp. Its another of a list of books which I've 'borrowed' from my GP and which they don't seem to miss. Weaving a tale of conspiracy through the middle ages to the present, its not much different from the current crop of thrillers, but the main characters all being women, makes it a refreshing read. No male muscling out of problems this time around!

Also reading Psalms 119 equally slowly. Centering on why God's message (eg the Bible) is such a big deal, it mirrors the life of an average person striving to be faithful. Picking truths out of it isn't as hard as from some other books I find; a 10 min breather before starting a hospital day pretty refreshing over a hot mug of coffee.

Back to the books.

No comments: