Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Chronicles of a Confused Doctor 1

So tmrw is the day we'll be let loose on the wards.

Have decided to try to keep a day by day account of sorts, no telling how regular I'll be with the posts though.

Had a talk about our portfolios today; never realised how much there is to do apart from managing patients. Where we are going to find the time to do audits, present cases at rounds, write up papers I don't really know.

Weird: The night before, we went out to meet the doctors from whom we'd be taking over the wards from. Excused myself to the loo, where I proceeded to do number 1 to the strains of Star Wars: A New Hope. Seriously, who pipes in a movie to their toilets?

Anyway, more on the first day after it happens. And if anyone can spare a prayer for me, I'll be grateful:-)

No comments: