Friday, August 15, 2008

Chronicles of a Confused Doctor 4

My first death yesterday of a patient under my team. Followed by my first death certificate filling-in today. Didn't get to certify death however, though I actually went through the process with another house officer.

Came out to find that a registrar had already certified death a couple of hours earlier. Think the nurse who got me to do it just wanted me to learn.

On call tmrw from 9am to 10pm on Sat and Sun. So no real weekend for me. Plus the distinct horror cum excitement at holding the crash bleep on one of the two days. Going to have to read the Advanced Life Support Guidelines tonight to jog my memory of when to give adrenaline, and when to not shock the patient.

Here's hoping my worst fear tomorrow is worrying my pants will fall down due to the 2 bleeps I'll be carrying.

No comments: