Thursday, June 29, 2006

The Wait is over

Few things at this time in life can compare with the tense feeling in the pit of my stomach when I saw the words 'Resit' on my exam transcript. Well, not totally unexpected, but still, having to fly back early is no fun to ay the least.

Fewer things can compare with the feeling of relief when I saw the email from faculty which told all medical students to ignore the 'Resit' notices because there was a failure in the system reulting in all students getting the message. As long as we'd passed all the individual exam components (which, praise God, I did), we were considered to have passed.

After congrats from the Liverpool bunch (who all passed, btw - yay!), congrats from parents, and while waiting for this page to load on my dailup account, I am overwhelmed with thankfulness to God. A second chance of sorts. An act of mercy. Without going into all the musings about what would''ve happened had I failed, I'm truly grateful to Him for this journey He's bringing me on and all its realisations in between.

Now I can go into OT tmrw relieved.

No comments: